tabelle prove rilevazioni piastre sef

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 18/6/2008, 22:03

A_STARA_STARA_STARA_STARA_STAR

Group:

Si parla sempre più spesso delle nuove piastre sef ( simmetric electromagnetic field ) . I nuovi explorer pro vengono dati di serie con una piastra simile . A questo proposito vi posto due tabelle che ho ripreso dal forum Minelabowners dove danno i risultati delle prove di due test fatti con l'explorer con le piastre originali e le sef di tutte le dimensioni.

First test

Here are some tit-bits from my test notes;
Weight
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 600g
New Minelab SE pro coil 528g
12 x 10" SEF Detech 648g
15 x 12" SEF Detech 840g
18 x 15" SEF Detech 1034g

Depth
All targets were buried at increasing depths in a low mineralised (disturbed) soil to find 'maximum possible depths.' The Explorer SE was used at maximun sensitivity and the depths represent the signals where it was possible to say the target was positive.
Note: In real detecting situations depths attained here are only possible with great concentration by very experienced operators. It's one thing to detect over signals you know are in the ground, but another to find them when you don’t!

A cut quarter penny buried in clay soil (low mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 6"
New Minelab SE pro coil 6.5"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 6.5"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 5.5"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 4.5"

A Roman debased Ant (22mm silver/copper mix) buried in clay soil (low mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 11.5"
New Minelab SE pro coil 12"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 12.5"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 13.5"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 14"

A modern 5p buried in clay soil (low mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 10"
New Minelab SE pro coil 11"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 11.5"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 11"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 10.5"

A crotal bell buried in clay soil (low mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 15"
New Minelab SE pro coil 15.5"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 16"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 18"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 19" *
(*possibly would've gone deeper but I gave up as the hole I was digging was getting silly.)

As you can see the larger SEF coils perform better on larger items but as expected lose depth on the smaller items.

Noise
The new minelab coil was the quietest followed by the 10x12 SEF (and the other SEFs close behind)… the old slim-line is the noisiest with strange threshold warbles coming in at high sensitivity (which increased and started popping when the coil got wet.)

Second test

The second test was done on pasture on what I would consider slightly worse than average soil; lots of iron and farm building material, and all coils struggled to hold a threshold. The objects were buried in an area where there was no iron.
Note: After the last test I’ve abandoned the crotal bell test, which took more time than all the others put together!

Depth
I’m repeating myself here… All targets were buried at increasing depths in a medium mineralised (disturbed) soil to find 'maximum possible depths.' The Explorer SE was used at maximun sensitivity and the depths represent the signals where it was possible to say the target was positive.
Note: In real detecting situations depths attained here are only possible with great concentration by very experienced operators. It's one thing to detect over signals you know are in the ground, but another to find them when you don’t!

A cut quarter penny buried in mixed occupation soil (medium mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 5"
New Minelab SE pro coil 5.5"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 6"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 5.5"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 4.5"

A Roman debased Ant (22mm silver/copper mix) buried in mixed occupation soil (medium mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 9.5"
New Minelab SE pro coil 10.5"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 10.5"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 11"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 11.5"

A modern 5p buried in mixed occupation soil (medium mineralisation)
Minelab Slimline (old SE coil) 8"
New Minelab SE pro coil 9"
12 x 10" SEF Detech 9"
15 x 12" SEF Detech 9"
18 x 15" SEF Detech 8.5"

The only real surprise was that the two larger SEF coils seemed to match their earlier performance on the cut quarter, where as the smaller coils didn’t... Strange

Io non ho la piastra sef sul mio explorer II. Ho invece montato sull'F75 la sef 12x15 ed ottengo risultati migliori rispetto a quelli delle tabelle. Ho dei dubbi su queste tabelle poichè le prove pratiche con la mia sef indicano un differenziale del 30%-40% rispetto alla piastra originale.

0 replies since 18/6/2008, 22:03   203 views